Saturday, June 12, 2010

Syd's is the new Nook: In which I eat an Everything Bagel w/ cream cheese 3 days in a row...as a second breakfast

It's just even when I go in determined not to do it someone else orders one and the delicious smell of toasted sesame and garlic wafts through the place and I am a goner. So I have been spending a little time here. I don't think they have noticed me lurking yet but I am not sure how much longer I can go unnoticed. The place is comfy, they play jazzy elevator music and through the back door I have a view of the parking lot and then the lake. Not too shabby. And it is still cold enough up here to justify this indoor, internet fiend behavior. Speaking of cold last night I went out with a new friend to take lake photos. The best part is my sad little Canon totally got to try on a new outfit. Check out the size of that lens. It's so big I am tilting forward while holding it. Also my hands are numb and toes too but it was worth it to get to play with all the awesome photography gear that I might be able to afford sometime in the next 16 years depending on how well I marry and how little I shop for clothing. I think I am finally ready to take the next step and start using a tripod. I realize this means some of you might not want to be seen with me in public but oh the things you can take with the a slow shutter speed!! Sorry I'll stop now. Anyway I have to remember not to smile till I can floss...I have seeds in my teeth. The really little tricky kind that you don't know are there until some gives you the awkward look where they can't help but stare and aren't sure whether to tell you that you have food fangs. I am just saying I would always tell you if you had food in your teeth, that's how you know I am a good friend. I'm off to do I don't really know what but I'll be back pretty soon, especially as long as I remain jobless.

No comments:

Post a Comment