Monday, June 21, 2010

Signature Hot Mess…The Sunglass Tan and Other Adventures from this weekend

It’s going to take a little bronzer to even out my raccoon face and sunburnt nose but I’ve definitely had it worse. It’s been a busy week up here in Tahoe. When in doubt my line is “it’s the altitude people.” For example, I use this when breathing heavily after walking not that far on flat ground, during a hike, in defense of my after yoga nap, and more than a few times during what was one epic Saturday where LK and I rented bikes and made the roundtrip from Squaw Valley into Tahoe city for Bloody Mary’s and a lakeside lunch in the sun which turned into a mini pub crawl. We stopped at Fat Cat’s and Front Street Pizza on the Truckee river. Here’s a story maybe not funny I don’t know. Later that night while out on the Tahoe City Town! Playing a wild game of shuffle board a girl comes up to me and LK and is all “hey it’s Mojito and Dog Chase!” let me explain she was the bartender at one of our stops on the way home and those were the drinks she served us. I love being remembered as “Dog Chase.” Could I not have just ordered a Bloody Mary or like a Dirty Martini because I think I would rather be called either of those. Or Sex on the Beach or Shandy (Drink of the summer!!) So you get the point. Anyway LK and I pulled the Mana Loa hustle except instead of hoop shooting at Mana Loa we managed to win tequila shots at the shuffle board table in Pete N Peter’s. Truly a one off accident and made really good friends with a cab driver who took us into Tahoe City and home again at 4:30 in the morning. The short story we stopped by the Chevron to pick up snacks and we cruised around Tahoe City looking for the next scene. Special night whoa.

Also, if you haven’t yet, check out my new blog “Mya Clicks.” As soon as I get through my Australian back log I’ll get some photos of Tahoe up. A shout out to Mike, graphic designer and photographer extraordinaire, who helped me with the web design. I shouldn’t really do this because it makes me look all amateur and shit but take a look at his site, MPKelley.com it’s worth a gander. Also the snowboarding shots are actually him snowboarding and taking the photo at the same time. A little bit of amazing right there!

Peace people (that’s Tahoe talking) see you soon for the first in a series of “homework assignments” in which I make use of my unemployed time up here.

*Sign above is posted in Squaw Village. Is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment