Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This is neither here nor there but turns out I have been single for 5 years and 5 months and apparently it shows so brace yourself for some religion

5 years and 5 months not counting a couple flings. See what I am doing here, making you feel some sympathy for me while still maintaining I am not completly and utterly pathetic. Which may or may not be the case. But here is the case. I bring it to you.

On Monday night while minding my own business walking through Hyde Park after a glorious walk/run - which was primarily a walk with brief spurts of stair climbing...very brief - This old woman asked me to walk her through the park because she didn't feel "safe" as a thinly veiled attempt to have 5 minutes to discuss how much she loves Jesus with me. I told her to suck it and risk the well lit, clean and patroled park, cause she ain't seen anything till she's been to San Francsico.

Just kidding, actually I walked her through and she told me how good her evening mass was and how if I prayed to god he would send me a man. Apparently he listens to heathens like me too. All this unsolicited, I didn't even tell her I was single. She just new damnit. Then, as if reading my skeptical mind she said, okay this is exactly what you say.


"Dear saint Joseph and good Saint Anne send me a man as quick as you can"

I tell you, ask you, beseech you not to dwell on why this prayer/poem - which is incidentally quite catchy - actually crossed her lips in relation to me as a honest suggestion of how to get myself a man but what I want to know is will it work? I'll let you know, feel free to try it yourself and report back. How long shall we give it? He really only has one week to deliver anyway if I am to be convinced to stay in Sydney. Which is how I think this all came about?

So in other news I made a carrot cake last night, cousin S doesn't have a cupcake pan which is not that surprising to say the least. As a soon to be mother she will most definitly need one won't she? I would get one for her, and a pair of baby uggs as a parting gift for hospitality but I'm pretty sure she'd never speak to me again. But baby uggs are so cute. Almost makes having a child worthwhile...almost. The carrot cake would have been fine in cupcake form but was medium rare in the middle which is distressing to find out after you have served 8 pieces to your coworkers. The frosting was a big hit though. Might as well have not grated up all 6 of those carrots and just brought in a bowl with frosting and 8 spoons. We went for drinks to celebrate or mourn a coworkers departure which was all fine and good until I got back to the hostel and found myself watching the sunrise in time only to grab a quick shower and hop on a bus which definitly took longer than walking but I think it hurt a lot less than the alternative. My only consolation is I am not the only one who looked a wreck when I rolled in an hour late to work this morning. Woof.

And in one hours time I should say it will be the perfect time to try a little hair of the dog action. Lunchtime that is. I hate that expression "hair of the dog" but what else is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment