Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm Not Quite Over It Yet






The throws of nostalgia are coming on. Couldn't you tell though? Well anyway I'll spare you except for several photos, a few of my favorite places. In other news I think I am cracking. Just the other evening while running the stairs at The Domain (outside the botanical gardens with a view across the harbor of the above) I saw a cute boy, if not cute he at least resembled an ex-boyfriend so closely it would have been sacrilegious not to think he was at least noteworthy. So as I was stretching I noticed the water has risen in the harbor these last couple weeks. Which now I have figured must be related to the full moon (I am clever, no?) but I thought I would say just to start the convo "the water level is really high, a really big cruise ship must have just come into Port." and then I would slap my knee and he would laugh and conversation would ensue. Well ok don't worry I didn't do that but it's just goes to show you, I'm losing it.

Today I am going to run to Centennial Park. I haven't been yet and time is really running out. I'll be wearing a hoodie becuase it's chilly outside, the leaves are falling from the trees and it's something like an amalagmation of East Coast and West Coast Fall. I can't quite place it. Tonight I am cooking dinner for a few friends. A southwestern chicken salad, corn, black beans, cilantro and avocado with a BBQ Vinaigrette dressing. Tomorrow I'm waking up for free yoga at Lulu Lemon downtown. If my routine sounds like it has taken an uncanny resemblance to that of my life in San Francisco you can be sure it has.

I'll leave with this, I wish I had made it up and not actually thought it but I almost told the guy sitting in the window of a cafe reading from his kindle yesterday that we were meant to be together, obviously we both read...from Kindles AND like coffee. Match made in heaven. So there now I have thoroughly embarrassed myself by telling you actual thoughts. But he was cute and I bet the four of us me, him and our kindles would have gotten along great!

*Hyde Park on a sunny Sunday afternoon
*Airlie Beach Sailing on the Whitsunday Islands at Twilight
*What's left of the Twelve Apostle's, The Great Ocean Road, Victoria
*Yarra Valley, From Giant Steps Winery, after a day of wine tasting
*My favorite seat in the Botanical Gardens before they replanted the lilies seen above

No comments:

Post a Comment