Monday, April 19, 2010

Vegemite Does a Body Good and It's Delicious Too

I was reading an article in Yoga Magazine. "You Are What You Eat" is the title. Maybe this is true, at least it helps us think how nasty we would look as a big mac or my new favorite from Bourke Street Bakery the Lamb Roll or something else delicious like that. Well anyway on it goes on and on and so boring and then it suggests things to eat. And I tell you if I ate carpaccio of Beet-root like they suggested what would that make me. Ew. No really yuck...

Carpaccio of beet-root, honestly what is the world coming to. I threw the magazine out shortly thereafter but not before reading the article on how good detoxing is for you, written by a 5'-18" 105lb model. Um yeah I know I am just jealous but really. So anyway how about that volcano. Pretty crazy huh? And since I am living in a hostel right now (just upgraded after two nights in a top bunk to the bottom) I get to see first hand how freaked out everyone who has to stay here instead of going home or taking their vacation is. It's pretty crazy you know these things happen to third world countries and we all hear about them but then this, affecting the UK it's a little different isn't it? Or is it just cynical me. Although to be fair I did read that the repercussions are far more widespread than people not getting to take their holiday. Trade is being affected etc etc. I won't bore you go read CNN for that. But the shear idea that this is so out of anyone's control including powerful, wealthy European countries is I think humbling in a way. A reminder that we are at the mercy of this planet we live on. Humbling and awe inspiring we can't control the weather and how crazy is it that a volcano even erupted. Crazy shit.

So I have been eating vegemite. I like it. A lot. Sometimes I even have three pieces of toast with it. Like this morning. I took a vegemite sandwich to work and it was eaten by 9:15am (I was going to say 10am cause then it would have appear like I ate it at break but no it didn't last that long) Sometimes I think about it, like right now I wish I could have a piece for dessert. But I haven't broken down and bought a jar yet. I am not ready for that. For now I am a closet addict yoinking the hostel vegemite from the breakfast cart (I stole the bread for the sandwich too)

So happy Monday, hope it's as random and sunny as mine was!

No comments:

Post a Comment