Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Roadtrip: Adventures from the road, Journey to Mexico and Back

So the title of this blog was only to lure you in. There haven't been adventures per-say so much as my car hasn't broken down in the middle of nowhere, I haven't gotten lost, not even so much as a road rage incident to report. The 8 hour drive from Tahoe to Pasadena did get good after I bought a liter size "Starbucks something or other lite" somewhere on highway 5 sometime between hours 3 and 4 and despite it tasting worse than anything ever - like a frappucino laced with red-bull (my worst nightmare in a can) - I polished the thing off and less than 30 minutes later I was driving high on caffeine and what may have contained large or small traces of amphetamines singing along to Usher's "OMG" it's as good as on repeat on the radio so that's nice. I could have driven to Mexico if I had had another one. I love getting the caffeine shakes, so many good ideas come and go quicker than you can write them down to remember what they were and also it makes Highway 5 and all it's not beautiful scenery seem downright fascinating. Then hour 7 struck and I came down from my high. Twice I got tricked into listening to Christian music stations, in my defense some of their songs are really cleverly disguised as good rock and once I woke up from my sugar and caffeine induced hangover daze only to find I was mumbling along to words of a song that was in spanish. True I usually mumble along to songs in English that I know the words to but spanish radios getting really catchy!

It's been a whirlwind of cousins and long overdue visits to friends. "If it's Tuesday this must be San Clemente" (that is a clever reference to an amazing movie made in the 60's. I'll buy you a Starbucks frappe-amphetamine if you figure it out)

I'm off to bed only to wake up sore tomorrow from the kick ass yoga class I did this morning at The Yoga Loft in Manhattan Beach....we started with abs so you can only imagine how much the perfect non-hot mess of a teacher tortured us. Namaste people. Namaste.

*Image = Hint to above riddle

No comments:

Post a Comment